Many of the refugees we work with on a regular basis are scared for the upcoming winter. They are the people we have gotten to know and who come to English Club and Homework Club every week. Fear is in their eyes when they speak of not having a good coat, as cold weather is still difficult. Our goal is 200 coats for 200 refugees living on the west side of Indianapolis. We realize that the need is much greater than this but believe this is way we can help many new Hoosiers get ready for the winter.
This is how you can help.. Here are a few ideas:
- Go buy a winter coat(s) OR donate your old winter coat but please make sure it is in good condition. One way to determine this is to ask yourself, “Would I let my son or daughter wear this coat all winter?”
- You can drop off at the Speedway Baptist Church office from Monday-Friday (9 AM to 12 only) Please call Lori Russell, church secretary, and verify that she is there at 317.291.8570. Attach a note to your items: “Migros Aid Coat Drive”
Speedway Baptist Church 2986 Moller Rd Speedway, In 46224 317-291-8570
- You can order a coat on Amazon and have it shipped to Migros Aid, Inc. directly:
- Start a Migros Aid Indy Coat Drive for Refugees at your church or workplace!
- Make an online donation by clicking here
- Mail a donation here: (Write “Winter Coats” on check)
We will accept both kids and adult coasts and all sizes!